Depending upon a buyer’s needs, a real estate associate (agent) plays many different roles. At the very least there are certain expectations a Home Buyer should expect from their real estate agent (associate). They are:
- The agent should explain the necessary steps you need to take to purchase a home.
- They should provide you with the very specific details of the property you are considering, or more than one, in advance of seeing them and considering an offer to purchase.
- An agent should always show you the multiple listing information to ensure you are well informed of the latest opportunities. A GREAT agent will be sure you see OFF market sales as well so you can determine what the comparables might be before you consider a purchase. In this area you will want to know what the average home sells for at that time, so you can make a judgement based on FACTUAL information.
- A GREAT agent will preview homes for you so that you will not be wasting your valuable time seeing homes that will not fit your criteria. Of course that all important INTERVIEW with you and your agent will let the agent assess your needs based upon what you TELL them, so be as specific as you can.
- An Agent will escort you in showing but also suggest you preview with them, any available homes, including open houses, and others as they are open.
- Your favorite Realtor will walk you through the financial paperwork, and make suggestions when needed as to the type of loan and financial considerations each property may qualify for lending.
- FOREMOST the agent will be the one representing YOU in negotiations of your offer, as well as all the different levels of negotiations AFTER you have a deal but that may arise in the escrow period. A GREAT agent will never just put you in escrow and then expect you to close. This is a vital part of the process of purchasing a home. It CLEARLY is not over until you are handed the keys.
- Finally your agent will be sure your needs are met, in a timely way and be sure that your closing is coordinated with the loan agent, the escrow officer and any other transactions that are playing into the journey towards your home ownership.
Debbie St John has been taking care of details of Real Estate Transactions for decades The most important first step for Buyers is to sit down and have a well considered Question and Answer meeting. You can take classes in this, read about it all on line, but the best way to have your personal needs met and your individual home buying experience be a great one, is to begin with a clear understanding of what you can expect with your real estate agent. Get to know Deb. You will be glad you began with calling her!
Sellers what should you expect from an AGENT? At the very least you should expect from a California Real Estate Professional:
- a prepared Comparative Market Analysis for your home/property with actual Closed/Sold properties to be able to see on line or in print.
- Review of all competitive properties, and willingness to tour them with you.
- Review with you the Home Enhancement guide and be able to make appropriate suggestions and guidance to how you can present your home in the most favorable light.
- Be able to prepare, explain, and execute the listing contract and all the related paperwork, including but not limited to ALL DISCLOSURES.
- Prepare ALL associated documents for Multiple Listing Service.
- Schedule photo/film shoot of your home.
- Place lock box on property
- Order appropriate sign placement and flyer distribution device
- Create flyers, listing web presence, and explain to you all the advantages of Internet presence as well as cautions.
- Post listing video to Internet social media sites.
- Interact with local Agents and Brokers for marketing and contract negotiations.
- Discuss Prospective Buyer Profile
- Recommend pre listing preparations, and scheduling of reports.
- Be able to candidly discuss nature of inspections and repairs.
- Explain many aspects of Risk Management
- Prepare for MLS Broker’s Open House
- Contract Analysis : Win-Win Negotiations expertise.
The above is the basics. If you want MORE than this, and a strong, willing partnership with a GREAT agent, then you may want to make an appointment to meet with Deb St John.